Monday, October 6, 2008

lebaran... lebaran...




this is my story from this year's Idul Fitri

ini cerita dari lebaran tahun ini

day 1
doing sholat Ied at Dan's home village's masjid (mosque) and spent the day (until night...) visiting Dans family here and there around Sukoharjo.

hari 1
sholat Ied di kampung halamannya Dan, langsung dilanjutkan berkunjung ke sanak famili Dan di seputar Sukoharjo -- sampe malem!





day 2

in my parents home, Wonogiri. all of us were there, and it was great. the 21 of us!
we spent the day at Teleng Ria Beach, Pacitan. hot but fun (this would make my blackskinned face even darker...)

hari 2
di rumah ortuku, Wonogiri. semua datang, 21 orang! ugh, hebat. kami habiskan seharian di pantai Teleng Ria Pacitan. panas, tapi seneng. (proyek menghitamkan wjah yang sudah hitam ni....)

21 of us


everybody jumped into the waves


well, not my parents and my eldest sister and my pregnant sister in law. the red shirted is my other sister, she finally jumped in too.





day 3

we went to a family reunion in my mother's parents house, in Boyolali
and it was great also

hari 3
menghadiri pertemuan keluarga besar orang tua ibuku, di Boyolali. menyenangkan juga..


some family couldn't come


this is my mother's mother




day 4

back to Dan's side family, we went to the floating restautrant in the middle of Gajahmungkur Dam

hari 4
kembali berkumpul dengan keluarga dari pihak Dan, makan di rumah makan terapung di tengah waduk Gajah Mungkur






day 5?

I and Dan had to go back to Semarang, because we have to back to work. but the children still have one more week holiday, and we let them stay in their grandparents house during that time. we'll pick em up next saturday.
sst.... it's just the two of us, again! :D

hari 5?
aku dan Dan harus balik ke semarang, karena senin harus masuk kerja lagi. anak-anak masih libur seminggu lagi jadi kami tinggal aja di embahnya, jemput sabtu depan.
sst... berduaan aja nih, lagi :D

7 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a FUN visit!!! Everything looks like fun! The floating restraunt sounds great too. Have a great week 'along'!!! :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Enjoy the peace and quiet. I love the time's when my parents take my children. Even though I miss them, it is nice not to have all the responsibility.

I loved seeing the pictures and learning about your culture. Your mothers mother looks very young. She is beautiful.

iway disini said...

keluargamu emang kuru-kuru ya? ato aku salah lihat :P

Heather said...

I love these pictures!! Especially the ones of your family in the water. How fun! Looks like a great family reunion.

Forgetfulone said...

Enjoy your time with your husband! I know you'll miss the kids, though. I loved looking at all your pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Kimberly said...

Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a busy fun time! Great looking family!