Tuesday, July 10, 2007

THE CIRCUS GIRLS
Para penonton bertepuk tangan ketika dua gadis kecil itu beraksi. Meliuk-liuk di ayunan tali yang menggantung (mungkin) 10 m di atas tanah.
The audience gives applause as the two little girls are in action. Swing (maybe) 10 meters above us.
Tapi aku diam, air mataku mengalir pelan tapi tak bisa berhenti. Umurnya mungkin baru 12 – 13 tahun. Seharusnya dia masih sekolah. Anakku sedang tes semester, hari ke-5. Tapi si gadis akrobat harus bekerja dengan kelenturannya.
But I didn’t. My tears fall slowly but it can’t stop. They may be only 12 -13 years old. They should be in school by the time. My daughter is having her fifth day exam. But the acrobat girls have to work with their flexibility
Mungkin aku sentimentil. Tapi aku sama sekali tidak melihat kegembiraan di wajahnya. Gemulai tubuhnya tidak diimbangi senyum, wajahnya tanpa ekspresi. Jadi kusimpulkan dia melakukannya dengan terpaksa.
May be I’m just too sentimental. But I can’t see happiness in their faces. The beautiful movements weren’t balanced with smile, there was no expression. So I assumed they do it because they have to.
Mudah-mudahan dia ikut home schooling....
I hope they are in a home schooling program….

No comments: